Night Audit Income Verification Procedure
Purpose of Night Audit Income Verification:
The SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for Finance and Accounting for Night Audit Income Verification is a crucial process that ensures accuracy and transparency in financial reporting. The night audit team is responsible for verifying the income earned during the day and reconciling it with the hotel’s financial records.
To begin the process, the night audit team must collect all relevant financial documents, such as cash receipts, credit card receipts, and daily sales reports. They must then cross-check these records with the hotel’s accounting system to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded.
If any discrepancies are found, the night audit team must investigate and resolve them promptly. They must also prepare a report detailing their findings and submit it to the finance and accounting department.
Overall, the Night Audit Income Verification process is an essential aspect of financial reporting in the hospitality industry. It ensures that all financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported, providing transparency and reliability to stakeholders.
To ensure the continual maintenance of Night Audit control according to the policies and procedures set forth by the Hotel. It is the Controller’s responsibility to ensure that adequate Night Audit controls are in place and are performed consistently.
Night Audit Income Verification SOP Procedures:
A principal function of the Night Audit is to verify that all department charges. and credits to registered guests of the Hotel have been properly recorded in the Guest Ledger is a book of accounts in which business transactions are entered after having been recorded i... and the correct room charge is recorded on all guest accounts.
Though not necessarily all-inclusive, the following are income verification procedures that should typically be performed by the Night Auditor.
- The room charge for each guest account as shown on the guest folio is posted to the account.
- Food and beverage POS Reports are compared to the PMS total. Any discrepancies are investigated and corrected. Charges are filed at the desk for any guest inquiries.
- Charge vouchers for each minor revenue-producing department or other activity from which guest charges or credits originate are totalled and agreed to the corresponding Voucher is a document supporting a business transaction. Control sheet and/or to the machine total for such activity.
- Telephone revenue from the call accounting system balances with the PMS totals.
- Verify that the Guest Ledger control total from the previous day, plus or minus charges and credits for the current day agrees with the new Guest Ledger control total.
Training Summary Questions:
Q1. Who should follow the income verification procedures?
Q2. Where is the room charge shown?
Q3. What does compare to Food & Beverage POS Reports?
Q4. How to verify the Guest Ledger control total?
SOP Number: Finance and Accounting SOP -15 Department: Financial Control Date Issued: 8-Aug-2021 Time to Train: 25 Minutes