Standard Operating Procedure for Baking Oven Maintenance
Maintaining baking ovens is crucial to ensuring the best quality baked goods. To make sure that everything is in working order, it is important to have a checklist for regular maintenance tasks. This will help reduce the risk of breakdowns and extend the life of the oven.
The checklist for baking oven maintenance should include cleaning and inspecting the oven interior and exterior, checking the heating elements, and ensuring that the oven is calibrated correctly. It is also important to check the exhaust hood and fan for any blockages or damage.
In addition to these regular maintenance tasks, it is recommended to have a professional service the oven at least once a year to perform a more thorough inspection and cleaning. This will help identify any potential issues before they become major problems.
By following a regular maintenance checklist and scheduling professional servicing, you can ensure that your baking oven is in top condition and producing the best quality baked goods for your customers.
Baking Oven Maintenance Checklist and Procedure:
- Crimping Tool.
- Air Blower.
- Wire Brush.
- Line Tester.
- PVC tape.
- Old clothes.
- Carbon removing compound.
Baking Oven Maintenance Activity:
- MCB – Loose & Burnt electrical connection and rating of MCB to be checked.
- Earthing – should be proper.
- Extension cord – burnt, cut in wire to be checked.
- Heating element – Loose & burnt electrical connection to be checked.
- Proper tumbling – burnt connections and thimbles to be checked.
- Timer – Operation and time setting to be checked.
- Thermostat – Operation and setting to check.
- Steam connection – any steam leakage from joints to be checked.
- Drains system – blocked drain system to check.
- Lights – Fuse lights to be checked.
- Door operation – Hinges on the door and closing of the door to be checked.
- Check the rating of the heating element – 6Kw each
- The thermostat Rating should be between – 0-300 Deg. C.
- MCB rating should be on – 100Amp.
Remarks by the Technician:
Training Summary Questions:
- Why is it crucial to have a checklist for regular baking oven maintenance tasks?
- What are some items that should be included in the baking oven maintenance checklist?
- Why is it important to check the oven’s interior and exterior during maintenance?
- What components of the oven should be inspected for loose and burnt electrical connections?
- Explain the significance of checking the MCB during baking oven maintenance.
- What needs to be verified regarding the earthing during maintenance?
- Why should the extension cord be checked, and what action should be taken if there are burnt or cut wires?
- What aspects of the heating element should be checked during maintenance?
- What is the importance of checking for proper tumbling during baking oven maintenance?
- Which components related to timing and temperature should be checked during maintenance?
- What aspects of the steam connection and drain system should be inspected?
- Why is it important to check the lights during oven maintenance, and what should be inspected regarding the door operation?
- What is the recommended rating for the heating element in the baking oven?
- What is the thermostat rating range for the baking oven, and why is this important?
- What is the recommended MCB rating for the baking oven?
SOP Number: Hotel Engineering SOP – 09 Department: Engineering and Maintenance Date Issued: 18–Feb-2018 Time to Train: 20 Minutes