Guest Room Deep Cleaning Checklist and Tasks
Task 1: Turn Mattresses and Change Bedspreads
- Remove linens (mattress pad, linens, and bedspread) from the bed
- Lift the mattresses from the box spring. (This should be a two-person job and use the legs for lifting and not your back)
- Lift the box spring off the bed frame.
- Check for any tear, soil, stains, or springs that are popping out.
- Thoroughly clean the frame and headboard.
- Vacuum behind and inside the bed platform and mattress cording.
- Rotate the box spring
- Inspect pillows and replace pillows that have stains or wear and tear.
- Dust ruffles and straight it.
- Remake the bed with a clean mattress pad, linens, and bedspread.
Task 2: Dusting of High Places or hard-to-reach areas
- Using an extended feather duster, dust where the wall meets the ceiling. use of a stepladder is recommended here.
- With the most care dust the smoke detectors, sprinklers, and any wifi routers.
- Dust and wipe the tops of the almirah, frames of paintings, curtain holders, etc.
- Dust light shades and clean with a damp cloth if needed
- Dust and wipe all AC vents, curtain holders, and top of doors.
- Clean everything else above your head level.
Task 3: Clean Window glass, Grills, and draperies.
- Use a scrubber and window cleaner to clean grease marks, fingerprints, and hard dirt from window panels.
- In case any dirt outside the sealed glass then report the same to the maintenance team.
- Clean window glass from the top to down with a window wiper.
- Wipe all window frames with a damp cloth.
- Clean the window track thoroughly.
- Remove draperies that need professional dry cleaning from drapery rods.
- Label draperies by room number, and send them to be laundry for dry cleaning.
- Inspect and clean pulls, hooks, and rods.
- Place hooks in saleable bags to make sure they are not lost.
Task 4: Cleaning Walls, carpets and Doors.
- Use a mild solution or all-purpose cleaner on a solid sponge and clean gently
- Do not spray the cleaning solution directly onto the wall but spray to the sponge instead.
- Work from the boom up to avoid streaks, and work clockwise around the room.
- Stains or marks which cannot be removed are to be reported to the maintenance.
- Dry all wiped surfaces with a clean white cloth.
- Clean anything hanging on the wall
- Wipe switch plates, phone plugs, and wall jacks
- Clean the closet walls and luggage racks
- Clean both sides of every door, including viewers, hinges, the frame, locks, and lock plates
- Work clockwise around the room to clean carpets and move large pieces of furniture.
- Edge the carpets with a crevice tool or a broom.
- Take care of carpet spots. Use standard removal techniques depending on the type of stain.
Task 5: Cleaning TV and other electronics
- Turn off the TV, as it is easier to spot the dirt on the black surface.
- For cleaning the LCD screen use, use a soft, clean, lint-free, dry cloth or a microfibre.
- Never use cleaning fluids, wax, or chemicals to clean the LCD screen.
- Wipe the frames of the TV with the same cloth.
- Wipe the Speakers with a microfibre cloth.
- Use a micro fiber cloth to clean other electronic gadgets in the room.
Task 6: Clean light shades and fire exit map
- Remove the shade and use a damp cloth to clean the extrude and shade thoroughly.
- Reposition the shade
- Remove and dust exit sign covers
- Wipe inside exit signs with a damp cloth
- Replace exit sign covers.
Task 7: Clean Furniture
- Vacuum upholstery and Use a vacuum attachment to get tight spots.
- Clean under cushions, and inspect and turn them.
- Rub upholstery spots gently with a light fabric cleaner, then blot the area with a white cloth
- Check the manufacturer’s directions before cleaning spots from upholstery.
- Always use an oil-based cleaner on wood furniture.
- For laminated furniture use an all-purpose cleaner.
- Clean the backs of all furniture and dry them with a clean cloth
- Wipe inside drawers with a clean dry cloth.
- Report to maintenance if you find any drawers that do not slide smoothly.
Task 8: Clean Bathroom.
- Remove the shower curtains and replace them if required.
- Soak the hooks in soapy water and replace any broken hooks
- Clean the curtain rod and reposition a clean shower.
- Scrub Tile and Grout and use grout cleaner and a grout brush to remove mold and mildew.
- Remove any buildup from the shower, the tub, around the sink, the toilet, and the ceramic tile door.
- Rinse all areas thoroughly, Dry and polish with a dry cloth.
- Wash the Bath Mats and also brush the back side of the mat to remove any dirt.
- Remove dirt from the shower, the tub, around the sink, and from the floor tile.