SOP –TELEPHONE ETIQUETTE IN HOTELS
FO-XX ( SOP serial number and department code )
Front Office - General
DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train:
Estimated time for training
Basic Telephone Etiquettes:
What all points should be taken care of while answering a call?
• Phone should be answered within three rings.
• Smile even though you are on the telephone.
• Sit or stand up straight.
• Use a low voice pitch.
• Match your speaking rate to the caller's.
· Avoid extremes in volume.
How to answer an External call?
Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening), (Your Hotel Name) , How may I help you.
How to answer Internal Guest calls?
Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening) Mr. _________ (Guest last name), This is ________(Your first name), How may I help you.
How to answer interdepartmental calls?
Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening), This is _______ (Your first name), How may I help you.
Transferring a guest call:
How to transfer a guest call?
While transferring a guest call you should say:
Transferring your call with pleasure.
Putting a guest call on hold:
How to put a guest call on hold?
While putting a guest call on hold you should say:
Allow me to put your call on hold while I check for the information required”
“Could I put your call on hold, while I check for the information required?”
How to handle a guest query?
For any guest query you should say:
I will be glad to assist you.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. In how many rings phone should be picked up?
Q2. What is standard phrase of Picking up External and Internal calls?
Q3. Why we need to smile over phone?
Q4. What is correct posture while attending guest calls?
Q5. What is standard phrase for any internal guest call?
Q6. What should be the pitch of the voice while speaking to guests?
- Banquet - Banquet Supervisor Job Description
- SOP - Housekeeping - Packing for Out of Order rooms
- Marketing Mix - Hotels | Resorts | Restaurants
- Tips for recruiting successful hotel sales staffs
- Servicing guest rooms with DND sign / Do not disturb lamp
- Hotel Sales and Marketing Organization Chart
- Optimizing hotel websites for maximum direct bookings and revenue
- SOP - Public Area - Cleaning Front office / Lobby Area