SOP –TELEPHONE ETIQUETTE IN HOTELS
What all points should be taken care of while answering a call?
Phone should be answered within three rings.
Smile even though you are on the telephone.
Sit or stand up straight.
Use a low voice pitch.
Match your speaking rate to the caller's.
Avoid extremes in volume.
How to answer an External call?
Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening), (Your Hotel Name) , How may I help you.
How to answer Internal Guest calls?
Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening) Mr. _________ (Guest last name), This is ________(Your first name), How may I help you.
How to answer interdepartmental calls?
Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening), This is _______ (Your first name), How may I help you.
How to transfer a guest call?
While transferring a guest call you should say:
Transferring your call with pleasure.
Putting a guest call on hold:
How to put a guest call on hold?
While putting a guest call on hold you should say:
Allow me to put your call on hold while I check for the information required”
“Could I put your call on hold, while I check for the information required?”
How to handle a guest query?
For any guest query you should say:
I will be glad to assist you.
- Front Office Staff Rules and Regulations
- Room Service / In Room dining manager - Job Description
- Babysitting request form
- Download myDBR
- SOP - Housekeeping - Babysitting Service
- Assistant Executive Housekeeper - Job Description
- Concierge - Umbrella borrow log book / tracking sheet format
- Pest Control Log Book / Sheet
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- would definitely go with light lounge music and...
- How important are the safeties and securities
- How do guests feel about hotel safeties and...
- Opera ver 5 - Income audit
- Hello....Find below list of opera reports....
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- 1. Anticipates guest's needs during their stay2....
- marketing assignment
- f you could kindly help me by giving me some notes...
- Hotel Owner Representative action plan
- Check out the below Hotel Pre-opening Checklist...
- Protel manual
- Hi All:Checkout the below online link for protel...
- USALI manual
- Hi Abu !What does USALI stands for ?Thanks
- Front Office P&P
- once I get one, I'll let u know :)
- Types of Interfaces for PMS / Hotel Softwares
- Hi Othaman,There are many vendors / companies...