SOP – Conduct Operation Audit in Front Office
SOP Number: FO- 09 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Front Office – Managers
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 60 Minutes
1) Check special procedures in place for processing guest express/special delivery mail?
2) Are guest safety deposit box procedures established and implemented?
3) Are enough hotel directories available to the guests?
4) Do front office receptionists and cashiers have friendly, positive attitudes?
5) Check for proper signage, so guests don’t wait in the wrong place?
7) Are procedures established for receiving and processing of guests who are members of special hotel guest programs / who are destined for "special guest (VIP, Club Concierge, etc.)" floors or sections?
8) Does all front office staff know about the guest service hours (restaurants, pool, special events in restaurants etc.)
9) Does the Front desk team are punctual to their duty.
10) Does the Front desk team is strictly following the duty roster.
1) Are phones answered promptly and courteously?
2) Does they check if the calls are getting captures on PMS from the EPABX system in a regular interval?
3) Does the lines are opened and closed automatically with guest check-in ?
4) Do telephone operators have full knowledge of hotel services as well as local services, attractions, and points of interest?
5) Is an information directory maintained and accessible?
6) Does the department provide for proper handling of messages taken:
For guests in the hotel.
For guest with reservations.
For meeting rooms.
And for rooms requesting no calls.
7) Are procedures established for processing guest mail?
9) In manual systems, are message lights turned off promptly?
10) In automated systems, are un retrieved guest messages followed up periodically?
12) Are Procedures in place for DND requests?
13) Are phone and operator service bills reviewed regularly for accuracy?
14) Is credit received from telephone company for disputed calls?
15) Are equipment rental charges checked periodically?
16) Are local and long distance carriers reviewed regularly for quality, service, and pricing?
17) In an automated system, is there a system for recording and reviewing phone charges for unoccupied or late check-out rooms?
Training Summary questions:
Q1. How to check if the Telephone department is handling the guest messages correctly?
Q2. Give 3 top points for front desk audit?
Q3. How to audit on safe deposit box policy?