SOP – How to Turnaway reservation in hotels
SOP Number: FO- 18 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
Turn away reservations:
There are many reasons for turning away Eg: High Price, Requested Room Type sold out, General Enquiry, Competitor offering lower rate, Black listed company, requested Room Type not available at the hotel etc.
1) Answer the call with a Smile:
Hi, this is “(your name)”’ at room reservations. How may I help you?
Guest: I would like to make a room reservation please.
2) Offer to take the guest’s name and Phone number
Certainly Sir/Mam. (Pause) May I request you for your name, mobile number and email ID please?
3) And your company/travel agency name is?
I am from “(Company/TA name)”.
5) Please hold for a moment, while I check the availability. (Put the call on hold, check availability and go back to the call quickly)
6) Convey the details of availability / non-availability of room politely to the guest.
7) Note down and record the reason for ‘Turn away’ on the PMS.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. When do we turn away a room reservation?
Q2. What all details to be collected from the guests?
Q3. How to convey the availability / non availability of room to the guest?