SOP - How to handle reservation enquiry
SOP Number: FO- 17 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 45 Minutes
1) Pick up the call in 3 rings ( current industry standard )
2) Smile on the phone (guest can hear you smile)
3) Good Morning this is (Mention your hotel name)how may I help you.
“Wait for guest’s response.”
5) With pleasure.
6) Could I request you for your name and number please
“Wait for guest’s response.” ( And note down all details on the reservation form)
7) Could I have the arrival and departure dates please
“Tell the guest the available room categories in your hotel”
8) Mr. Guest name. We have 3 categories of rooms available.
Deluxe Suite the tariff for the same will be ( Room rate + Taxes / All Inc )
Deluxe King the tariff for the same will be ( Room rate + Taxes / All Inc )
Standard Twin the tariff for the same will be ( Room rate + Taxes / All Inc )
9) While I check the availability allow me to explain the facilities of the hotel
(explain the facilities in your hotel – Usually main 3 or 4 facilities of the hotel)
10) We do have rooms available.
“ Mention the categories which are available during this period”
11) Could I have the name of the guest for whom the reservation has to be made
12) Could I have the arrival and the departure details
13) Would Mr. / Ms. be needing an airport pick up
“Inform about the sharing and charges”
14) Mr./ Ms. The airport pickup will be complimentary and on sharing basis, the car will be shared by a maximum of 3 guests
“ Note down any special requirement like size of the bed etc”
15) How would the guest be settling the bill
Card / cash: I would need the CC details in order for me to confirm the booking
Bill to Company or On Credit : I would need a letter from the company in order to confirm the booking
“ if the caller says the guest is paying by cash , then still insist on CC details or cash advance” the booking is not confirmed unless guaranteed”
“Repeat the reservation with the confirmation number”
16) Thank you for calling ( Mention your hotel name) , Have a nice day
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the standard for picking up guest calls?
Q2. What details to be explained to the guest while you are checking the availability?
Q3. How to handle ‘Bill to company booking’?
Q4. What all details to be note down while taking guest airport request?
Q5. How to close the conversation with the guest?