SOP –How to waitlist reservation in hotels
SOP Number: FO- 19 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Front Office - Reservations
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 60 Minutes
Wait list reservation:
At some times a reservation request must be denied because the hotel is fully booked. However, with enough lead time, interested guests may be put on a wait listing list for the requested dates. Hotels experiencing high-volume reservations may satisfy excess demand through this technique.
1) Answer the call with a Smile:
Hi, this is “(your name)”’ at room reservations. How may I help you?
Guest: I would like to make a room reservation please.
2) Offer to take the guest’s name and Phone number
Certainly Sir/Mam. (Pause) May I request you for your name, mobile number and email ID please?
3) And your company/travel agency name is?
I am from “(Company/TA name)”.
4) The arrival date of the guest is? (Pause, take answer) And the departure date is? (Pause, take answer). So that is for “(# of nights)” nights?
5) Please hold for a moment, while I check the availability. (Put the call on hold, check availability and go back to the call quickly)
6) Convey the non-availability of room politely to the guest.
Mr./Ms. “(caller’s name)”, currently we will have to waitlist the reservation as we do not have any rooms available and are sold out for these dates.
7) Agree to notify the prospective guest immediately if a room becomes available on the requested dates.
Please allow me to get back to you in “(estimated time/day to call back the caller)”. Thank you
8) Help the guest to find alternative dates if no rooms are available.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. When do we waitlist a room reservation?
Q2. What all details to be collected from the guests?
Q3. How to convey the non availability of room to the guest?
Q4. Is it required to get back to the guest when the rooms are available on requested date?
- Front Office Staff Rules and Regulations
- Room Service / In Room dining manager - Job Description
- Babysitting request form
- Download myDBR
- SOP - Housekeeping - Babysitting Service
- Assistant Executive Housekeeper - Job Description
- Concierge - Umbrella borrow log book / tracking sheet format
- Pest Control Log Book / Sheet
- Flash and food cost
- Hello everybody,Anyone can explain what is the...
- housekeeping training supervisor topics
- New York housekeeping is really hot in repairs of...
- USALI manual
- Is there any free one?
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- would definitely go with light lounge music and...
- How important are the safeties and securities
- How do guests feel about hotel safeties and...
- Opera ver 5 - Income audit
- Hello....Find below list of opera reports....
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- 1. Anticipates guest's needs during their stay2....
- marketing assignment
- f you could kindly help me by giving me some notes...
- Hotel Owner Representative action plan
- Check out the below Hotel Pre-opening Checklist...
- Protel manual
- Hi All:Checkout the below online link for protel...