Retention Letter sample used in hotels
Retention is charged for a reservation if a guaranteed reservation has been canceled or had become a No Show.
No matter how thorough or attentive the reservation agent had taken the reservation process there is no way to avoid an occasional reservation amendment or cancelation.
The agent’s efficiency at organizing and retrieving reservation records and related files if vital to the reservation process. The reservation agent must also be able to correctly re file the reservation records and also update the reservation reports.
Now with the use of the property management systems these tasks, especially in the areas of reservation recording, filing, retrieving, reporting and modifying. Retentions as always charged as per the cancellation or No-Show policies mentioned on the reservation confirmation letter.
Guest often makes non- guaranteed booking rather than guaranteed reservation when they make the hotel reservation. This will avoid attracting any retention charges if they are not able to make to hotel. These optional booking are released by the hotel automatically on the cut off date or hour mentioned by the hotel at the time of booking the reservation. But situations can come that make it impossible for a guest to arrive on time. Eg:- Flight delayed, weather conditions, official issues etc.
Frequent and experienced travellers call the hotel to change their non-guaranteed reservation to guaranteed because they know that the non- guaranteed reservation may be cancelled by the hotel without any further notice as per the reservation agreement.
Retentions are charged to the guest’s credit card which was provided at the time of reservation or will be adjusted against the advance payment which was paid at the time of guarantying the booking. And a retention letter is also send to the guest regarding the retention charges.
Download Sample Formats:
- Hotel IT Emergency Action plan or Contingency Plan Sample
- Checklist for selecting Online Booking System for Hotels
- Types of keys used in hotels for effective security
- Worldwide Hoteliers Forum - Rules and Regulations
- Types of Reports used in hotels
- Sample Standard Telephone welcome greetings used in Hotels
- Guest Services - Christmas and New Year Greetings for guests
- Choose Beds and Bed sizes - Hotels | Resorts | B&B | Lodge
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- food coasting
- You can use the below formula to calculate your...
- New Banquet Facility - Convention Centre
- That's great. What is your forecast food cost?
- Sample SPA Menu
- Checkout the attached SPA and saloon menu
- Night Audit process Opera
- Check out Night Audit / End of day process in...
- how to increase my hotel marketing And booking rat...
- Hi There..Check out this article which explains...
- Can I get SOP for F&B , front office for 5* hotels...
- Service Charge Calculation
- Can you please explain your exact requirement ?
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- I think the guest to return to a hotel. 1. good...