Retention Letter sample used in hotels
Retention is charged for a reservation if a guaranteed reservation has been canceled or had become a No Show.
No matter how thorough or attentive the reservation agent had taken the reservation process there is no way to avoid an occasional reservation amendment or cancelation.
The agent’s efficiency at organizing and retrieving reservation records and related files if vital to the reservation process. The reservation agent must also be able to correctly re file the reservation records and also update the reservation reports.
Now with the use of the property management systems these tasks, especially in the areas of reservation recording, filing, retrieving, reporting and modifying. Retentions as always charged as per the cancellation or No-Show policies mentioned on the reservation confirmation letter.
Guest often makes non- guaranteed booking rather than guaranteed reservation when they make the hotel reservation. This will avoid attracting any retention charges if they are not able to make to hotel. These optional booking are released by the hotel automatically on the cut off date or hour mentioned by the hotel at the time of booking the reservation. But situations can come that make it impossible for a guest to arrive on time. Eg:- Flight delayed, weather conditions, official issues etc.
Frequent and experienced travellers call the hotel to change their non-guaranteed reservation to guaranteed because they know that the non- guaranteed reservation may be cancelled by the hotel without any further notice as per the reservation agreement.
Retentions are charged to the guest’s credit card which was provided at the time of reservation or will be adjusted against the advance payment which was paid at the time of guarantying the booking. And a retention letter is also send to the guest regarding the retention charges.
Download Sample Formats:
- Hotel Marketing Plan and Marketing Cycle
- SOP - Front Office - On Queue or Wait Procedure
- How to Handle VIP and VVIP arrivals in hotels
- SOP - Reservations - Sold out booking enquiry
- SOP - Reservations - Amending or Modifying Reservations
- SOP - Reservations - Reservation holding time
- Front Desk - Wake up call Report
- SOP - Front Office - How to Handle Wakeup Calls
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- Training Materials
- Checkout the Train My Staff section.You should...
- Offer for long term lease for budget hotel
- HiFirst of all, I would like to thank you the...
- Sample SPA Menu
- Check out SPA and Saloon menu on following link :...
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- Hi,Music plays an important role in the first...
- pre opening check list
- Hi Daba ,Check out the pre-opening check list...
- Business plan
- Hi,Check this some Hotel Business plan sample on...
- Tips for upselling rooms while reservation process...
- * During the reservation process the Reservation...
- Hi to all of you
- Hi Loren Welcome to the community ..