Retention Letter sample used in hotels
Retention is charged for a reservation if a guaranteed reservation has been canceled or had become a No Show.
No matter how thorough or attentive the reservation agent had taken the reservation process there is no way to avoid an occasional reservation amendment or cancelation.
The agent’s efficiency at organizing and retrieving reservation records and related files if vital to the reservation process. The reservation agent must also be able to correctly re file the reservation records and also update the reservation reports.
Now with the use of the property management systems these tasks, especially in the areas of reservation recording, filing, retrieving, reporting and modifying. Retentions as always charged as per the cancellation or No-Show policies mentioned on the reservation confirmation letter.
Guest often makes non- guaranteed booking rather than guaranteed reservation when they make the hotel reservation. This will avoid attracting any retention charges if they are not able to make to hotel. These optional booking are released by the hotel automatically on the cut off date or hour mentioned by the hotel at the time of booking the reservation. But situations can come that make it impossible for a guest to arrive on time. Eg:- Flight delayed, weather conditions, official issues etc.
Frequent and experienced travellers call the hotel to change their non-guaranteed reservation to guaranteed because they know that the non- guaranteed reservation may be cancelled by the hotel without any further notice as per the reservation agreement.
Retentions are charged to the guest’s credit card which was provided at the time of reservation or will be adjusted against the advance payment which was paid at the time of guarantying the booking. And a retention letter is also send to the guest regarding the retention charges.
Download Sample Formats:
- Front Office Staff Rules and Regulations
- Room Service / In Room dining manager - Job Description
- Babysitting request form
- Download myDBR
- SOP - Housekeeping - Babysitting Service
- Assistant Executive Housekeeper - Job Description
- Concierge - Umbrella borrow log book / tracking sheet format
- Pest Control Log Book / Sheet
- Flash and food cost
- Hello everybody,Anyone can explain what is the...
- housekeeping training supervisor topics
- New York housekeeping is really hot in repairs of...
- USALI manual
- Is there any free one?
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- would definitely go with light lounge music and...
- How important are the safeties and securities
- How do guests feel about hotel safeties and...
- Opera ver 5 - Income audit
- Hello....Find below list of opera reports....
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- 1. Anticipates guest's needs during their stay2....
- marketing assignment
- f you could kindly help me by giving me some notes...
- Hotel Owner Representative action plan
- Check out the below Hotel Pre-opening Checklist...
- Protel manual
- Hi All:Checkout the below online link for protel...