Different types of Reports used in hotels
Reporting plays a very important role in hotels day to day operations, It provides the management with in depth analysis of the hotels performance which express the actual results of operation during an accounting period, identifying revenues earned and itemizing expenses incurred during that period.
It is not only the management which relay of reports, Each and every department in hotel uses one or many reports on their day to day operations.
Reports are normally printed from the Property management systems / PMS ( eg: Opera, Protel, Hetras, Fidelio Etc. ) or Point of Sale - POS ( Micros, Shawman etc.). Reports like Arrivals today, Departures today, Guest In-house, VIP - Inhouse, Sales by Cheque etc. are few example of reports used in hotels.
Sample formats of reports used in hotel industry:
- Hotel Marketing Plan and Marketing Cycle
- SOP - Front Office - On Queue or Wait Procedure
- How to Handle VIP and VVIP arrivals in hotels
- SOP - Reservations - Sold out booking enquiry
- SOP - Reservations - Amending or Modifying Reservations
- SOP - Reservations - Reservation holding time
- Front Desk - Wake up call Report
- SOP - Front Office - How to Handle Wakeup Calls