How to define Hotel Missions and Goals
Organizational Missions :
Every organization has a reason or purpose to exist . This forms the basis for the organization's Mission statement. An organization's mission can be expressed in a mission statement , which defines the unique purpose that sets one hotel from another.
From the mission statement hotel employees should be able to derive a sense of purpose and direction to hotel policies.
For Example , a hotels mission may be to provide the finest facilities and services in the market while providing a good place to work for its employees and a reasonable return for the investments by its owners.
Mission statement should address the following three main constitutes:
- Hotel Management
Mission statement should address the basic needs and expectations of their guests. We can assume that all guests will have the basic expectations:
- Safety and security of the hotel.
- Clean, comfortable rooms and public areas.
- Professional and friendly staff.
- Well maintained facilities and equipments.
Hotel Management :
Hotels mission statement should reflect its management philosophy. Since styles of operation differ, mission statements will very from property to property. A mission statement guides managers in their jobs by identifying the hotels basic values. Above all the hotel's mission is one of the principle means, it uses to distinguish itself from other hotels.
Mission statement should help the hotel employees meet or exceed the expectations of both guests and management. A mission statement can also serve as a basis for job description and performance standards and as an introduction to the property for new employees. This should also appear in the employees handbooks and training manuals along with the job description.
Example of a mission statement:
"The mission of our hotel is to provide outstanding lodging facilities and services to our guests. Our hotel focuses on individual business and leisure travel, as well as travel associated with groups meetings .we emphasize high quality standards in our rooms and food and beverage divisions. We provide a fair return on investment for our owners and recognize that this cannot be done without well trained , motivated and enthusiastic employees."
Goals are those activities and standards and organization must successfully perform or achieve to effectively carry out its missions. A Goal is more specific than a mission; it requires a certain level of achievement that can be observed and measured. Measurable goals encourage hotel employees to perform effectively while enabling management to monitor employee progress. Management can determine whether goals are being achieved or whether corrective action is necessary.
Examples of measurable front office goals:
- Increase the hotel's average occupancy level by two precent above the previous year's level.
- Increase the volume of repeat guest business by 10 percent.
- Collect GSTS card from 95 percent of all guest while checkout.
- Reduce Check-in and check-out times by two minutes.
- Hotel Marketing Plan and Marketing Cycle
- SOP - Front Office - On Queue or Wait Procedure
- How to Handle VIP and VVIP arrivals in hotels
- SOP - Reservations - Sold out booking enquiry
- SOP - Reservations - Amending or Modifying Reservations
- SOP - Reservations - Reservation holding time
- Front Desk - Wake up call Report
- SOP - Front Office - How to Handle Wakeup Calls
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- Training Materials
- Checkout the Train My Staff section.You should...
- Offer for long term lease for budget hotel
- HiFirst of all, I would like to thank you the...
- Sample SPA Menu
- Check out SPA and Saloon menu on following link :...
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- Hi,Music plays an important role in the first...
- pre opening check list
- Hi Daba ,Check out the pre-opening check list...
- Business plan
- Hi,Check this some Hotel Business plan sample on...
- Tips for upselling rooms while reservation process...
- * During the reservation process the Reservation...
- Hi to all of you
- Hi Loren Welcome to the community ..