Difference Between Hotel and motel
Definition of the term hotel
A Hotel or Inn may be defined as an establishment whose primary business is providing lodging facilities for the general public, and which furnishes one or more of the following services :
- Food and beverage service
- Room attendant ( House keeping ) service
- Laundry or dry cleaning service
- Use of furniture or fixtures
- Bell and Door attendant service
- Conference and Banqueting
- Business center etc.
According to the category of the hotel they provide different level of personalized service .
Definition of the term motel
The term motel is a contraction of motor hotel. It is a lodging facility that caters primarily to guests arriving by automobiles. Early motels often provide parking spaces near guestrooms, but that has changed in recent years as motel owners and franchisors have become more aware of guest security
Motels may be located in any setting, but are usually found in suburban or roadside areas . They became especially successfull in the 1950's and 1960's with the development of the inter-state highway system in the US . Many motels are two-story or low-rise building located near major highways. Pool areas with shrubbery, trees, and children's playground etc.
By the way the term Hotel is used as a general term for motels, hotels, inns suite hotels, conference centers and other lodging properties .
- Front Office Staff Rules and Regulations
- Room Service / In Room dining manager - Job Description
- Babysitting request form
- Download myDBR
- SOP - Housekeeping - Babysitting Service
- Assistant Executive Housekeeper - Job Description
- Concierge - Umbrella borrow log book / tracking sheet format
- Pest Control Log Book / Sheet
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- would definitely go with light lounge music and...
- How important are the safeties and securities
- How do guests feel about hotel safeties and...
- Opera ver 5 - Income audit
- Hello....Find below list of opera reports....
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- 1. Anticipates guest's needs during their stay2....
- marketing assignment
- f you could kindly help me by giving me some notes...
- Hotel Owner Representative action plan
- Check out the below Hotel Pre-opening Checklist...
- Protel manual
- Hi All:Checkout the below online link for protel...
- USALI manual
- Hi Abu !What does USALI stands for ?Thanks
- Front Office P&P
- once I get one, I'll let u know :)
- Types of Interfaces for PMS / Hotel Softwares
- Hi Othaman,There are many vendors / companies...