Difference Between Hotel and motel
Definition of the term hotel
A Hotel or Inn may be defined as an establishment whose primary business is providing lodging facilities for the general public, and which furnishes one or more of the following services :
- Food and beverage service
- Room attendant ( House keeping ) service
- Laundry or dry cleaning service
- Use of furniture or fixtures
- Bell and Door attendant service
- Conference and Banqueting
- Business center etc.
According to the category of the hotel they provide different level of personalized service .
Definition of the term motel
The term motel is a contraction of motor hotel. It is a lodging facility that caters primarily to guests arriving by automobiles. Early motels often provide parking spaces near guestrooms, but that has changed in recent years as motel owners and franchisors have become more aware of guest security
Motels may be located in any setting, but are usually found in suburban or roadside areas . They became especially successfull in the 1950's and 1960's with the development of the inter-state highway system in the US . Many motels are two-story or low-rise building located near major highways. Pool areas with shrubbery, trees, and children's playground etc.
By the way the term Hotel is used as a general term for motels, hotels, inns suite hotels, conference centers and other lodging properties .
- Checklist for selecting Online Booking System for Hotels
- Types of keys used in hotels for effective security
- Worldwide Hoteliers Forum - Rules and Regulations
- Types of Reports used in hotels
- Sample Standard Telephone welcome greetings used in Hotels
- Guest Services - Christmas and New Year Greetings for guests
- Choose Beds and Bed sizes - Hotels | Resorts | B&B | Lodge
- Banquet - Banquet Supervisor Job Description
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- food coasting
- You can use the below formula to calculate your...
- New Banquet Facility - Convention Centre
- That's great. What is your forecast food cost?
- Sample SPA Menu
- Checkout the attached SPA and saloon menu
- Night Audit process Opera
- Check out Night Audit / End of day process in...
- how to increase my hotel marketing And booking rat...
- Hi There..Check out this article which explains...
- Can I get SOP for F&B , front office for 5* hotels...
- Service Charge Calculation
- Can you please explain your exact requirement ?
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- I think the guest to return to a hotel. 1. good...